Thursday, December 4, 2008

Definite Progress

I actually got some good rest last night for the first time since Saturday so that really improved my mood for this morning's appointment. All of the packing was removed and my exterior sutures were as well.

That was, by far, the most painful part of this process. The splints that were in my nose went all the way to the back of my throat and had inflated balloons at the ends - not at all fun when they're pulled out!! The sutures on the left side (where most of the work was done) probably could have stayed in another day or so as they were incredibly painful coming out.

Once all of that was done, though, I found immediate relief and only need to take Tylenol for pain now. Apparently most of the pain comes from swelling pressing on the nasal splints. Now my nose is pretty numb and I still can't breathe out of the left side because there's a tremendous amount of swelling. We're making progress, though!

Moving forward, I'm supposed to use saline several times a day for the next week to clear out the congestion. The next follow-up appointment is on Wednesday. Please pray for relief from nausea as it's still an issue and will remain one until my system gets used to properly draining sinuses again.

Things are better and I would give you a great big smile if my face wasn't numb :-)

No comments: