Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Follow-Up

I had an appointment with the doc this afternoon and things are, for the most part, looking really good. Due to the ever present nausea, he's given me a prescription to dry up the excess drainage so I'm hoping it works really quickly!

I've been a little worried because my nose was more swollen on the right side than the left but he felt it and told me it was fine...and to stop messing with it :-). I bent over to pick up the newspaper and thought I was keeping my nose level but apparently I was not so it began swelling again and I have a bit of a headache today. Needless to say, I got a bit of a scolding and was told to continue walking like a "snobby princess" for the next 4.5 weeks.

The only real bummer is that I found out I can't drive long distances until 6 complete weeks of healing have occurred so I won't be able to see my family in Louisiana over the holidays. To cheer me up, the doc gave me a script specifically for Dave - it stated there is to be no housework for 45 years, breakfast in bed for 4 weeks and a trip to Hawaii next year. Wouldn't that be the life?

I am looking forward to being back in the office next week...Dave's been working a lot this week and I figured out I'm not all that much fun to hang out with all day, every day ;-)...

No comments: