Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What a Difference a Week Makes

Things are definitely looking up this week as I'm becoming more independent and even took Taylor to school myself this morning. Granted, I probably wouldn't have if Dave hadn't been working but it was good to feel a sense of accomplishment. The crazy thing was that it hailed on me the entire drive back!!

The swelling continues to go down a bit each day but the right side remains much more swollen than the left, which is wild because the left is the one that was obstructed. I have an appointment with Dr. Gardere tomorrow afternoon at 2:15pm so hopefully he'll be able to tell me if that's normal or not. I do have feeling back in my cheeks again and I can manage a half smile. About half of my nose remains numb...mainly the bottom part as that's where the swelling is the worst. It's really strange to watch yourself touch your nose and then have a couple seconds of delay before you actually feel it.

All in all, I feel a little better every day (except Sunday...I overdid it a bit on Saturday and paid the price) and the nausea comes and goes now instead of being an all day event. Definite progress!

No comments: