Saturday, December 6, 2008

It Actually Happened!

So this morning I was actually able to breathe out of the left side of my nose - albeit briefly - for the first time in five years. I still have TONS of congestion so I have to make a concerted effort to blow my nose three times a day. Not the most fun thing I've ever done but it's also not that bad since most of my nose is still numb.

I haven't had to take anything for pain except Tylenol since the ginormous splints came out on Thursday and the nausea gets a bit better each day. That plague apparently won't go away completely for some time but it's at least manageable now. I guess there's a lot of drainage after have a blockage for so long plus, Mr. Respiratory Authority (aka Dave) explained to me that "as long as the nose is healing, it will continue to produce copious amounts of mucous as a healing mechanism." That was just music to my ears - insert facetious look here...at least I know why it keeps happening now, though.

In other news, my face remains really swollen but it decreases a great deal each day. My nose, however, appears to be taking the longer road on getting rid of the swelling. I guess that's to be expected since I have stitches across, down the sides, across the top, down the base of the septum and at random places throughout since they had to piece it together. The only really annoying thing is that I can't smile...too much swelling and no feeling...so, if you see me out and about, please don't be hurt if I look mad ;-)... I have more energy now in brief spurts but require frequent naps after doing much...all in all, MUCH better than a few days ago.

Thank you for all of the prayers - they are definitely working!

No comments: