Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Progress??

Monday - the evening got pretty rough as swelling set in and my nose was 2 1/2 times as big as usual. My system is trying to get used to properly draining sinuses as well so I was battling copious amounts of drainage and didn't sleep more than an hour at a time all night.

Tuesday - all that drainage caught up with me and I spent the morning with nausea and vomiting, which is something I wouldn't recommend shortly after nasal surgery. The afternoon was a bit better and I was able to shower for the first time since surgery which was a wonderful treat.

The nurse called and said that I should be able to "breathe like a completely new person." She confirmed that my septum was in shambles and had to be reconstructed. In addition, the turbinates (rounded part of your nose at the base of each nostril) was extremely enlarged and swollen so they did some work on those as well.

I slept much better and even had a 4-hour stretch last night.

Wednesday - nausea was back in full force this morning so I got permission to take 1/2 of a Phenergan pill. Needless to say, it knocked me out completely and I got a lot more sleep today. The drainage has slowed and I'm really looking forward to my appointment in the morning as the splints should come out at that time.

No comments: